Unfortunately, due to the current Covid19 crisis, the Button Moon Trust will not be holding any in person training courses. If you need any information about the trust or possible future courses dates then contact Vicky Clinch who will answer any questions.
The Button Moon Trust offers creative courses for teachers, freelance writers, drama practitioners and actors. Dates for 2020, and the final content of each course is now being finalised. So check back to get updates or join our mailing list to get quicker updates.
The Button Moon Trust offers creative courses for teachers, freelance writers, drama practitioners and actors. Dates for 2020/21, and the final content of each course is now being finalised. So check back to get updates or join our mailing list to get quicker updates.
Courses take place at The Barn, a beautiful haven in the Norfolk countryside. From stage set to genuine location, from railway station to shepherd’s hut, you will be inspired and excited by fresh ideas and techniques.
Anyone from experienced professionals to those interested in developing their own creativity will find our fantastic setting and the variety of workshop styles an inspiration for ideas.
We will explore:
• A variety of new approaches
• A mixture of exercises working as a whole group, in pairs and individually
• Developing characters to enrich your stories
• Performances by professional actors to link themes and open up ideas
• Time for your own writing, supported by course tutors if required
• The use of puppets, props and costume to enhance storytelling
• The chance to network with a range of professionals and creative practitioners
You will leave with:
• Experiences to get you over your writer’s block
• Ideas and exercises for your classroom or writers’ group
• Tips on perfecting and performing your own pieces
• A new skill set of approaches
The emphasis will be on a relaxed, fun and informal atmosphere. You will work at your own pace – come with an open mind and you will leave refreshed and inspired by a new set of ideas and approaches to take back to your classroom, writers’ group, or to your own desk and blank sheet of paper!
Fee: Prices for the individual courses range between £100 – £300 per participant, depending on length and content. There is a 10% discount for each additional colleague from the same organisation. A deposit of £50 is required to secure your place on the course. This is not refundable should you cancel your place. However, in the unlikely event that we have to cancel the workshop, the deposit will be refunded to you in full.